Summit County, CO Babysitting Rates
- A non-refundable reservation fee per appointment, per sitter, is charged to your credit card to confirm the appointment. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover. The amount of the reservation fee is based on the length of the appointment time reserved and the number of sitters required.
- At the end of each appointment, the client pays the sitter an hourly rate based on the number of children in the sitter’s care. The payment to the sitter is made in cash or by U.S. check made payable to the sitter. Billable time is rounded by the quarter-hour and charged by the half-hour.
- Based on the length of the appointment time reserved, there is a 4, 6* or 8 hour billing minimum for each appointment. *During ski season, there is a 6 hour billing minimum for all daytime appointments.
- The total babysitting fee is the reservation fee plus the hourly rate.
- Failure to pay the sitter by cash or check at the end of the appointment is your authorization for the amount due, plus a 5% administrative fee, to be charged to the same credit card provided for the deposit.
- The client is responsible for any additional expenses, such as fee activities for the children and sitter, children’s meals and sitter parking. Please provide your sitter with adequate funds to cover activities and meals. Sitters must be able to park at or reasonably close to the appointment location. Discuss parking options with your sitter in advance. Many properties will allow a sitter to park on-site at no charge, if requested by the guest.
- Rates increase 50% on July 4, Thanksgiving, December 24, December 25, and January 1. Rates double on December 31 starting at 5:00pm and continuing to the end of the appointment. Advance bookings are strongly recommended for all holiday appointments.
- Gratuities are at the discretion of the client, but most clients choose to tip. Tips go exclusively to the sitter and are greatly appreciated. Most clients who tip do so in the typical service range of 10%-20% of the amount paid to the sitter.
Please see Our babysitting policies for a detailed explanation of our cancellation policies and Summit County babysitting fees.